Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Final Score

Dear Readers,

Sorry I've been out of touch lately. Recently I've been quite busy with finals and the like. The past couple of weekends I haven't been traveling too much, and when I have it's been fairly close to home. Two weekends ago I stayed at the Castle and caught up on some rest and last weekend I went back to Amsterdam to bookend the semester, then stayed one night in a town called Appeldoorn that had a monkey zoo in it. Two monkeys crawled on me - it was good to finally get that one off the "Things to do while in Europe" checklist. Then, of course, this past weekend has been final examinations.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to leave but ol' Eyjafjallajökull still might delay that. Nobody knows for sure whether we'll take off but weather predictions are looking to be in our favor so I'm realizing all too soon that my time in Europe is almost over. It has been a fantastic quest; from my home in a Castle to flooding Venice to familiar faces in England; from women with no pants in Amsterdam to Bars made out of Ice in Stockholm to one fantastic pro golfer in the hills of Ireland. I can't imagine you'd see this coming. I didn't even see this coming. I've been consistently ahead of Europe this entire time, but here are the finals scores as I see them:

David B. Weaver: 403
Europe: 404
Iceland: 405 (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

Iceland coming out of nowhere for the win! Well done, Iceland. Keeping that volcano up your sleeve 'til the very end- well played.

Europe, it's been real- and I mean that. Boston, I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment